Pennsylvania − November 1, 2019 − The window for the Affordable Care Act enrollment opens today, November 1, and runs through December 15. Those who need to purchase insurance will have to do so during that six-week period.
The Trump Administration; however, has slashed the budget for marketing and providing navigators for the program. To combat this and ensure that Pennsylvanians are able to find the best, most affordable option for them, the PA Senate Democratic caucus is hosting 21 free consultation events around the state.
The caucus will be joined by insurance providers, including UPMC, Highmark, Geisinger, Capital Blue Cross, and Independence Blue Cross, as well as nonprofit navigators from PA Health Access Network, Consumer Health Coalition, the Coalition of Community Health Centers, and YWCAs.
The 21 events are free and open to the public.
Here is the schedule:
- November 7, 5 – 7pm at the District Office of Senator Tim Kearney, 51 Long Lane, Upper Darby, PA – Hosted by Senator Tim Kearney
- November 12, 10am – 1pm at ShopRite, 2946 Island Avenue, Philadelphia – Hosted by Senator Anthony H. Williams
- November 13, 4 – 7pm at the Sewickley Valley YMCA’s Hunter Gym, 625 Blackburn Rd., Sewickley – Hosted by Senator Pam Iovino
- November 14, 10am – 2pm at LCCC, 1333 South Prospect St, Nanticoke – Hosted by Senator John Yudichak
- November 14, 4 – 7pm at the Whitehall Municipal Building Community Room, 100 Borough Park Drive, Pittsburgh – Hosted by Senator Pam Iovino
- November 16, 10am – 12pm at the Becket Life Center, 1410 N. 16th Street, Philadelphia – Hosted by Senator Sharif Street
- November 18 – Location TBD – Hosted by Senator Vincent Hughes
- November 19, 10am – 12pm at Tullytown Borough Hall, 500 Main St., Tullytown – Hosted by Senator Steve Santarsiero
- November 21, 3 – 7pm at the District Office of Senator Muth, 338 Main Street, Royersford – Hosted by Senator Katie Muth
- November 22, 11am – 1pm at the District Office of Senator Schwank, 210 George Street, Suite 201, Reading – Hosted by Senator Judy Schwank
- November 25, 5 – 7pm at the University of Pittsburgh Community Engagement Center, 622 N. Homewood Avenue, Pittsburgh – Hosted by Senator Jay Costa
- December 2, 1 – 3pm at New Kensington City Hall, 301 11th St, New Kensington – Hosted by Senator Jim Brewster
- December 2, 6 – 8pm at the Human Services Center Corporation, 413 Penn Avenue, 1st Floor, Classroom E, Turtle Creek – Hosted by Senator Jim Brewster
- December 3, 4 – 7pm at the Newtown Public Library, 201 Bishop Hollow Rd., Newtown Square – Hosted by Senator Tim Kearney
- December 4, 4 -7pm at the Whitman Library – Free Library of Philadelphia, 200 Snyder Avenue, Philadelphia – Hosted by Senator Larry Farnese
- December 5, 5:30 – 7:30pm at the Warminster Township Library, 1076 Emma Lane, Warminster – Hosted by Senator Maria Collett
- December 7, 5:30 – 7:30pm at the Hatfield Borough Building Community Room, 401 S. Main Street, Hatfield – Hosted by Senator Maria Collett
- December 9, 6 – 8pm at the Pittsburgh Fire Fighters Union Hall, 120 Flowers Avenue, Pittsburgh – Hosted by Senator Jay Costa
- December 10, 10am – 12pm at Sellersville Borough Hall, 140 East Church Street Sellersville – Hosted by Senator Steve Santarsiero
- December 11, 4:30 – 6:30pm Location TBD – Hosted by Senator Art Haywood
- December 12, 10am – 12pm at the District Office of Senator Boscola, 1 E. Broad St, Suite 120, Bethlehem – Hosted by Senator Lisa Boscola
Follow along with updates, photos and video from the enrollment tour at www.healthcareforpa.com